Do you plan to shop online "Black Friday" this year? Thousands of websites promise the best price and best selections on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. For the best deals online this holiday season, take the usual precautions when shopping online. Your online shopping experience is convenient, easy, productive and safe, especially if you follow these buying tips:
1. Use a credit card. Choose a card for all your online purchases. Using a single card that can easily detect any fraudulent and / or unauthorized charges. Also, if possible, use a card that pays rewards like travel, gas and food prizes.
2. Document your purchases online. Print a copy of the order confirmation receipt of the () and the ordering page (the page before you press "Send").
3. Keep all emails. Online retailers will send you an email confirming your order and / or shipping information. Keep the emails until you are completely satisfied with your purchase.
4. Prevent identity theft. Do not give your credit card number or personal information via email. Why? Emails are not secure and identity thieves are often presented as customer service representatives to get your payment information. Use only a secure encrypted website to send your personal data. A safe place is represented by a padlock in the bottom right of the page.
5. Report fraud immediately. Tell your credit card company immediately if you suspect fraud or other errors. You can also contact the Federal Trade Commission (877-382-4357) to report their activities.
6. The client uses the number of Web services. Feel free to use a customer service number if you have questions not addressed on the website. Ask questions before placing your order.
7. Read the Web site policy. Before making a purchase, re-read the website and exchange rate policies, plus shipping costs, privacy and security of the pages. We also use the FAQ section of website (if available), because once your order, you accept the terms and conditions of the site.
8. Avoid unwanted solicitations. Many shopping sites will ask if you are interested in receiving newsletters, coupons and / or other materials of the same or a subsidiary of others. The default is "Yes", so be sure to change the answer is "no" to avoid spam and spam.
9. Bad Business Practices Report. File a report with the Better Business Bureau if you have a bad experience with the online retailer.
10.Use price comparison websites and product review. Visit these sites before you buy. You may experience an increase congratulated Black Friday shoppers and the decrease of remorse.
Remember that with a little planning and research you can experience the joy of the holidays. Also, remember that while shopping online can produce great results, be sure to find the best deals on Black Friday in the former: Exploration of the ads in flyers the day of Thanksgiving and local control of publications.