Shopping online is so easy and convenient way to purchase items. Because there are so many online vendors, it is important to be aware of the online purchasing practices essential to be implemented before making a purchase online.
The following is a list of helpful tips on how and how not to shop online to help make your shopping experience easier and safer:
- Use a payment method that protects your financial health and personal identity. Sites like PayPal does not reveal your credit card or bank account. Encryption is essential to ensure safe online shopping. The encryption of personal and financial information after you press the payment button "send". Web sites that use encryption can find a key or closed in the Web browser. Make sure the payment site address begins with https:.
- Beware of Internet fraud and identity theft. Some companies that send illegitimate emails offering products at a deep discount. Be aware of fraudsters and those seeking to steal your financial information. Maintain a current firewall and antivirus software.
- Use a payment method ensures that your money will be returned if there is a problem with the product or shipping. Read terms and conditions of the merchant before making the purchase. Find out what the total cost before submitting the form of payment, including taxes and shipping costs. Keep a record of the transaction.
- Inspect your new purchase on arrival and check its status credit card.
- Do not send personal and financial information in an email. Do not respond to emails that request bank identification and other personal information.
- Do not leave your credit card number registered on the computer where someone else can come in and steal.
- Do not use a credit card or bank transfer since money will go directly to the merchant account. It will be much more difficult to recover their money if there is a problem. Using a credit card pre-loaded is a good choice because you can dispute fraudulent charges.
- Do not make a purchase on a Web site if you feel uncomfortable. Look for links to "About" pages or "FAQ" pages, and no mention is made to protect the privacy of our customers, you should shop elsewhere.
- Do not buy from an online retailer that does not provide a real physical address and telephone number.
The Internet offers a wide range of resources for consumers to buy products. According to Nielsen Online has 2008 Global Survey on Internet shopping, "more than 85% of the online population in the world use the Internet to make a purchase. Online shoppers tend to stay at shopping sites they know, with a 60% said they buy mostly from the same place. "
When shopping online, safety should be your main concern. Using common sense, his own instincts, and enforcement practices of comprasseguro, you will experience much easier and safer online shopping.