When it comes to shopping, more and more of us so that our fingers (and our mice) in the foot.
Online sales are expected to reach 211 billion dollars this year. This is an increase of 20 percent over last year and just three years after the successful industry milestone of 100 million dollars, according to 2006 state report online retail Shop.org and Forrester Research.
Here are seven reasons it is convenient to shop online:
1. Lower prices. Shopping online can reduce overhead in a variety of forms, which can result in lower prices for you. In fact, a 2004 study found that online prices to be 6 to 16 percent lower than offline prices.
2. More savings with online coupons. Many times, consumers can save even more in line with a coupon or promotional code. According to a BizRate 2005 / Shopzilla report, 71 percent of online shoppers said they were able to find the best deals and discounts for online sales, compared to buying through a catalog or shopping in traditional retail. Online retailers in the May issue of a button or text link that cost savings will be applied automatically to your order, or may issue a special promotional code to enter the box.
3. Research capacities. The Internet allows you to easily compare products and prices, so you can be sure the item you purchase is the exact point you want. Online merchants can publish much more information about your product on a website that would publish an affordable cost in a print catalog. And the online stores give you the opportunity to share information and opinions with other shoppers who have firsthand experience with a product or a retailer. As Internet link speeds continue to increase for the largest segments of the population, these types of interactive features will be even more important. Zappos.com, a shoe retailer to lead by example, you can see most of the shoes in eight different angles, including one closely.
4. Increased selection. Logistics storage can be much easier for an online retailer, and many online stores have a large inventory to choose from. Moreover, as a consumer, you can avoid the inconvenience of physical travel in online shops to compare prices. A simple online search can lead you towards the right product at the right price fast.
5. Convenience. An online store lets you buy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So you can shop in her spare time, regardless of time zone. This is particularly important for those of us who are limited in our ability to go to a brick and mortar store. The elderly and parents of young children, for example, may have a more relaxed shopping experience in front of the computer screen.
6. Saves time. Much of the wide variety of products and product information is readily available. Furthermore, no travel, parking and walking within.
7. Environmental benefits. Recent studies show that online shopping leads to lower fuel consumption and air pollution as much of our road trip is dedicated to the purchase. Moreover, shopping online reduces the need for printed catalogs and excess packaging. And the items purchased online to download eliminates the need of any property at all.